- 7 ripe Thai bananas (or Saba bananas)
- 1/3 cup of canned sliced jackfruit
- 1/4 cup of rice flour (or gluten-free flour)
- Peel the bananas, and mash in a bowl.
- Add the jackfruit and rice flour. Mix until evenly incorporated. The consistency should be sticky but moldable.
- The amount of flour added depends on how watery/ripe the bananas are. More flour might be needed to make the batter moldable.
- Pre-heat oil into a pan.
- Mold the banana batter into circles, and deep fry in the pan for four minutes on each side on low-medium heat.
- Place the maruya on plates lined with paper towel to drain excess oil. Enjoy while hot!